Low Back Pain
What Causes Low Back Pain?
1. Trauma to the spine is caused by acute injuries suchas a slip, fall, car accidents involving whiplash and more. Also back pain can be caused from twisting, muscle imbalances, poor posture and slouching. When any of these factors are present, back pain is expected to follow. These are a few examples of physical stresses to the spine that can be improved and cured by a Kirkland chiropractor.
2. Poor nutrition including the excessive use of drugs and alcohol. Any toxin ingested in excess will lead to back pain. Also, having poor nutrition can slow ones healing processes.
3. Emotional stress is often one of the most overlooked reasons for attaining lower back pain. Did you know when you are under emotional stress, your body releases in inappropriate amount of stress hormones and adrenal signals. This throws off our biochemistry and causes back pain as well as limits our bodies healing potential. As a Kirkland chiropractor, I urge my patients to find a way to manage their stress levels to expedite their healing.
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a health care field that is focused on the prevention and cure of back pain. Dr. Baker, A Kirkland Chiropractor specializes in treatment of back pain through improving function of the nervous system and the musculoskeletal system. Back pain is treated by this Kirkland chiropractor through spinal adjustments which improve spinal alignment and increase joint range of motion.
What Does Chiropractic Treat?
- Back pain, low back pain and upper back pain
- Car accident injuries including whiplash
Chiropractic Treatment of Back Pain
Dr. Baker, your neighborhood Kirkland Chiropractor combats back pain utilizing these techniques and focuses
- Spinal adjustments This is accomplished through a high-velocity, short lever arm thrust that is applied to the vertebrae which are misaligned, deficient in range of motion or show faulty joint biomechanics. Back pain is often a result of improper alignment and biomechanics. One of the most exciting benefits to one’s physiology through chiropractic adjustments is the reduction of nerve irritation, also restoring sufficient joint range of motion and removing back pain. All of these benefits are attained through chiropractic adjustments provided by Dr. Baker, A Kirkland Chiropractor who specializes in back pain treatment. There is a myriad of literature which supports why chiropractic treatments for lower back pain are beneficial. Many of the published literature recommends chiropractic treatment as the first line of defense to prevent back pain and also to treat low back pain, neck pain and whiplash following a car accident or auto injury.
How do chiropractic adjustments work?
As a Kirkland chiropractor, I can tell you that I have extensive training involving how to assess, diagnose and treat spinal abnormalities. Back pain is just one of the symptoms people experience when they have subluxations. Subluxations are biomechanical deficiencies due to improper alignment. Chiropractors assess and adjust the spine to restore proper alignment. The chiropractic adjustments objective is to restore proper range of motion.